$10 Meals Supreme Chicken Crunch Wrap
Approx 4 Portions
1 x Medium white onion ($0.47)
1 x Garlic bulb ($0.50)
1 x Can pinto beans (425g/10oz) ($1.00)
1 x Large skinless chicken breast ($1.75)
115g/0.25lbs x Monterey jack cheese ($1.10)
1 x Avocado ($1.50)
2 x Tomatoes ($0.40)
1 x Lime ($0.25)
1 x Iceberg lettuce ($0.50)
1 x Orange bell pepper ($1.00)
200g/7oz x Hatch Green Chili ($1.50)
Total $9.97 (Baring in mind not including basic committees e.g. Flour, sugar, spices ect)
1 x Large skinless chicken breast
1 x Garlic clove (Peeled & grated if your cooking in the oven)
1/2 tsp x Paprika
1/2 tsp x Oil (Your choice)
1/2 tsp x Dried thyme
1 x White onion (Peeled & diced)
2 x Garlic cloves (Peeled & grated)
1/2 tsp x Dried thyme
1 x Orange bell pepper (Deseeded & diced)
2 tsp x Paprika
1/2 tsp x Ground cumin
1/2 tsp x Cracked black pepper
200g/7oz x Hatch Green Chili (Minus seeds)
1 x Can pinto beans (425g/10oz)
100ml/3.3floz x Water
115g/0.25lbs x Monterey Jack cheese (Grated)
1/4 x Iceberg lettuce (Sliced)
1 x Avocado (Scooped & Crushed)
1/2 x Lime juice~
1/2 x Garlic clove (Peeled & Grated)
300g/10.5oz x Plain flour
1 Pinch x Natural sea salt
15ml/0.5floz x Oil
Water (Enough to bind)
1) Place the chicken breast into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients to marinade if you are not using the sous vide. If you are using sous vide place all the chicken breast and the rest of the ingredients into a bag (keeping the garlic whole) and seal with the vac pack machine. Heat up the water bath to 65c/150f.
2) Place a medium size pan onto a medium heat. Add one tablespoon of oil into the pan. Once hot add the onions, garlic and thyme. Cook down for 5 minutes until soft then add the diced pepper. Followed by the hatch green chili and the spices. Next add the pinto beans followed by the water. Mix well and turn the heat down to a low. Cook out for 2 hours stirring occasionally and adding touch of water if needed.
3) Prepare the garnishes by grating the cheese,washing and slicing the iceberg. For the avocado, place into a bowl with the grated garlic and the lime juice. Mix well and cover the garnishes, set aside for later.
4) Preheat the oven to 180c/350f if you decide to roast the chicken breast. Place a pan onto a high heat with a tablespoon of oil and place the chicken breast into the pan and colour each side for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and into a tray, then straight into the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. If you’re using the sous vide then drop the vac packed chicken breast into the 65c/150f water for one hour.
5) Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl apart from the water into a mixing bowl. Slowly add the water little by little until it has bound together. Take out of the bowl and knead onto the work surface until smooth. Cut the dough in 2/3. Take the 1/3 of the dough and cut into 4 small pieces and cut the 2/3 dough into 4 large pieces. Place a non stick pan onto a medium heat and dust the work surface with flour. Roll out each dough thinly, the smaller dough needs to be rolled out smaller than the large. Place each rolled out dough into the pan individually. Cook each one out for 40 – 60 seconds without too much colour each side. Once each one is cooked place in between foil to hold in the moisture and to stop them from drying out.
6) Once the chicken breast is cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice into thin slices, then cut in half. Pre heat the oven to 180c/350f. Wipe out the non stick pan and place onto a medium/high with a tablespoon of oil. Place one of the large tortillas onto the work surface and start adding the garnishes, stacking in the middle. Place the small tortilla over the top slightly squashing down the filling. Now the tricky part carefully fold in the sides over the top. Holding that together carefully lay it face down onto the hot pan to seal and brown. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes each side until golden. Take out of the pan and place into a tray. Place into the oven for 5 – 10 minutes until golden and crispy. Take out of the oven and slice. Repeat the process for the rest.
For more guidance on the dish you can check out the video below on YouTube! Made live on Twitch CHEFJOHNREED – Twitch